Systems Safety Engineer- Robotics
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of robotics to change lives and protect our warfighters – join us and apply today!
Robotic Research, LLC is currently seeking applications for a full-time Systems Safety Engineer to work on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems. We offer a fast-paced environment where engineering comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. You will have ample opportunities to get your hands dirty testing what you design in our specialized robotic engineering and test facility.
Robotic Research has been developing cutting-edge software and hardware for autonomous ground, air, and naval robotic systems since 2002. We specialize in developing solutions for DoD, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and First Responder applications. We have a close-knit team devoted to delivering the best robotics technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Our systems combine advanced control systems, autonomous mobility, perception, and behavior generation software with innovative and sophisticated mechanical and electrical hardware. We have a long history of successful program execution and have hardware and software on some of the highest visibility DoD ground robotics programs.
Building on our past success with deploying robotic systems for both military and commercial applications, we are currently expanding operations and looking for new team members who want to make meaningful contributions in the field of autonomous systems. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you.
· Participate in the development of safety critical systems for autonomous vehicles.
· Develop safety artifacts/documentation as required to support program requirements in accordance with MIL-STD-882, ISO-26262, or other standards.
· Working with hardware and software team to perform (software and hardware) safety and verification/validation analysis of requirements, design, code, and testing
· Working alongside program managers and senior engineers to generate program- and company-wide system safety policies, procedures, and templates.
· Review requirements, design, and documentation for compliance with safety qualification standards and requirements
- BS degree in a relevant engineering field Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Software) or Computer Science
- 2-5 years working a DOD, Automotive, Aerospace,or Medical development or production program in a safety/systems engineering
- U.S Citizen
- Eligible for a SECRET level security clearance
- Familiarity with military or civilian safety standards (MIL-STD-882E, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178C)
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis and Tracking, FMEAs, and Fault Tree Analysis
- Familiarity with the safety critical software development process including Verification and Validation.
- Candidate should be a flexible team player with good oral and written communication skills, and able to work effectively in a very fast-paced environment with team members from many different disciplines
- Candidate must be able to work independently and expand knowledge base as needed.
- · MS degree in a relevant engineering field or computer science
- · 5+ years industry experience as a safety/systems engineer
- · Experience with System and Subsystem Requirement/Specification Generation
- · Experience with Verification and Validation Test Procedure generation and execution
- · Experience with the development of robotic/autonomous systems
- · Experience with DOORS or other System Engineering/Requirements tools
- · Experience with model-based system engineering (e.g. SysML)
U.S. citizenship required.Apply Now!
Ability to pass a government security clearance investigation and background check a must.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.