If you’re inspired by the possibilities of robotics to change lives and protect our warfighters – join us!
Robotic Research, a world leader in autonomous cars and trucks, is currently seeking applications for a full-time computer technician to work on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems. We offer a fast-paced environment where engineering comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. You will have ample opportunities to get your hands dirty testing software that you design in our specialized robotic engineering and test facility.
- Install and configure firmware on embedded hardware devices on Android, microcontroller (STM), and custom Linux distributions
- Configure various network devices, including wireless radios and network switches
- Maintain proper documentation of system configuration changes
- Collaborate with other technicians and engineers to diagnose and solve higher level issues
- Accurately document installation and configuration processes
- Proficient with both Windows and Linux, both from the GUI and command line
- Familiar with Linux diagnostic applications such as top, ps, df, wireshark
- Able to work through and document installation process of Linux on x86 and ARM hardware, with embedded installation experience as a plus
- Able to interpret system diagrams in relation to networking and power distribution
- Capable of documenting issues and resolutions in a bugtracker
- Familiar with the use of tools such as a multimeter and network cable tester
Familiar with CAN, RS232, and Ethernet
Some scripting experience for automation of installation and configuration tasks
US Citizenship Required
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.