Robotic Research, LLC is currently seeking applicants for full-time Systems engineers of all experience levels to work on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems. We offer a fast-paced environment where engineering comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. Candidates will have ample opportunities to get their hands dirty testing their designs in our 40,000 square foot engineering and test facility (with 241 acres of testing area) located in Clarksburg, MD.
Robotic Research has been developing cutting-edge software and hardware for autonomous ground, air, and naval robotic systems since 2002. We specialize in developing solutions for DoD, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and First Responder applications. We have a close-knit team of over 60 employees devoted to delivering the best robotics technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Our systems combine advanced control systems, autonomous mobility, perception, and behavior generation software with innovative and sophisticated mechanical and electrical hardware. We have a long history of successful program execution, and have hardware and software on some of the highest visibility DoD ground robotics programs.
Building on our past success with deploying robotic systems for both military and commercial applications, we are currently expanding operations and looking for new team members who want to make meaningful contributions in the field of autonomous systems. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you. Active security clearances are welcome but not needed to start.
- Working with the Hardware and Software teams to develop and maintain system level documentation including:
- Hardware and software, interface control specifications
- Test plans and procedures
- Requirements and performance specifications
- System interconnect and architecture diagrams
- Requirements traceability and verification documentation
- Actively participating in and sometimes leading internal and external reviews which include:
- Internal design reviews (hardware and software)
- System Requirements Reviews (SRRs)
- Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews (PDRs and CDRs)
- Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs)
- Working with the Hardware and Software teams to develop a SysML models. This includes using the SysML model to create behavior and structure diagrams, such as block definition diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, etc.
- US Citizenship
- Eligible for a SECRET level security clearance
- BS degree in Engineering (Systems, Mechanical, Electrical) or Computer Science
- Entry-Level positions require some experience in a development or production program, working in a Systems, Test, Quality and/or Product Engineering role.
- Mid-level positions require 5+ years of experience in a DOD development or production program, working in a Systems, Test, and/or Product Engineering role.
- Senior-level positions require 10+ years of experience in a DOD development or production program, working in a Systems, Test, and/or Product Engineering role.
- M.S. degree in Systems Engineering
- Experience with System and Subsystem Requirement/Specification Generation
- Experience with Verification and Validation Test Procedure generation and execution
- Familiarity with ISO-26262, MIL-STD-882, or similar safety specifications
- Experience with model-based systems engineering tools and practices, particularly SysML and MagicDraw
- Experience with Python, LabView, or MATLAB for data collection and analysis
- Experience with Altium, Eagle, or similar schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, or similar mechanical CAD tools
- Working understanding of command-line Linux or similar operating system
- Experience with the design and development of complex systems with mechanical, electrical, and software components
- Experience with autonomous robotic systems
- Candidate should be a flexible team player with good oral and written communication skills, and able to work effectively in a very fast-paced environment with team members from many different disciplines
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No drop ins; no phone calls.