Software Test Engineer
Robotic Research, a leader in self-driving cars and trucks, is looking for engineers to join our team, developing cutting-edge technologies in the field of Autonomous Systems. Research, LLC is currently seeking applications for a full-time Software Test engineer to work on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems. We offer a fast-paced environment where engineering comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. You will have ample opportunities to get your hands dirty testing what you design in our 40,000 square foot engineering and test facility (with 241 acres of testing area) located in Clarksburg, MD.
Robotic Research has been developing cutting-edge software and hardware for autonomous ground, air, and naval robotic systems since 2002. We specialize in developing solutions for DoD, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and First Responder applications. We have a close-knit team of over 60 employees devoted to delivering the best robotics technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Our systems combine advanced control systems, autonomous mobility, perception, and behavior generation software with innovative and sophisticated mechanical and electrical hardware. We have a long history of successful program execution, and have hardware and software on some of the highest visibility DoD ground robotics programs.
Building on our past success with deploying robotic systems for both military and commercial applications, we are currently expanding operations and looking for new team members who want to make meaningful contributions in the field of autonomous systems. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you. Active security clearances are welcome but not needed to start.
- Participate in software requirements and design reviews
- Review software requirements and design specifications
- Create and execute software verification and test plans
- Develop and execute test cases, test scripts, test plans, and test scenarios for all applicable requirements
- Write Unit and Integration Tests across multiple platforms
- Record and track issues in the bug tracking system
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features
- Write test reports documenting detailed results
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Junior position requires some experience in a development or production program, working in a Software, Quality and/or Test role.
- Mid level position requires 5+ years of experience in a development or production program, working in a Software and/or Test Engineering role.
- Senior position requires 10+ years of experience in a development or production program, working in Software and/or Test Engineering role.
- Experience with Linux based development environments
- US Citizen
- Eligible for a SECRET level security clearance
- Experience with development in C/C++
- Experience with System and Subsystem Requirement/Specification Generation
- Experience with Verification and Validation Test Procedure generation and execution
- Experience with model-based systems engineering tools and practices, particularly SysML and MagicDraw
- Experience with Python, LabView, or MATLAB for data collection and analysis
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with autonomous robotic systems
- Candidate should be a flexible team player with good oral and written communication skills, and able to work effectively in a very fast-paced environment with team members from many different disciplines