Now Hiring a Technical Writer
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of robotics to change lives and protect our future – join us and apply today!
Robotic Research, LLC is currently seeking applications for a full-time Proposal Writer/Social Media Coordinator of all to help guide high level managers working on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems with writing proposals to gain new business opportunities. We offer a fast-paced environment where a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued.
Robotic Research has been developing cutting-edge software and hardware for autonomous ground, air, and naval robotic systems since 2002. We specialize in developing solutions for DoD, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and First Responder applications. We have a close-knit team devoted to delivering the best robotics technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Our systems combine advanced control systems, autonomous mobility, perception, and behavior generation software with innovative and sophisticated mechanical and electrical hardware. We have a long history of successful program execution and have hardware and software on some of the highest visibility DoD ground robotics programs.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for performing as a volume lead, writer, and editor for a variety of proposals. This position is responsible for developing proposal strategies by leading a team of subject matter experts in developing proposal content, and writing, revising, editing and developing compliant, compelling proposal documentation. Specific responsibilities include:
· Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
· Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget
· Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
· Researches, writes, develops, and revises proposal content, as assigned, for opportunities ranging from 100 million to over 1 billion in value.
· Rewrites proposal materials and coordinates with program leads to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including
readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Coordinates with functional areas, business areas, subcontractors and others to research and to
collect data required for technical proposal development.
- Analyzes contract and RFP requirements, and develops RFP/Proposal cross-reference matrix.
- Assists during final delivery and in administration and operation proposal development.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This role would also have a marketing/social media component:
- Sets up and optimizes company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of
company’s social content including website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Produces and manage social media postings on all platforms, including website, Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Ads.
- Manages social media recaps, collect social media metrics, determine key performance indicators, track overall social media performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Engineering with writing emphasis, or the equivalent
combination of education, professional training or work experience.
· Proposal preparation and development experience is preferred
· Experience in the Robotic Engineering industry is a plus
· Government contracting experience strongly preferred
· Savvy with Social Media platforms
Proposal Writer Skills and Qualifications:
Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation,
Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline/Detail-Oriented, Process Improvement,
Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge