The configuration manager will be responsible for working with the engineering & production teams to define, improve upon, and maintain both the prototype and production CM processes (both hardware and software).
- Perform configuration management (CM) responsibilities with little to no oversight.
- Develop or modify CM plans, policies, and procedures for efficient use in a mixed prototype & production environment.
- Promote awareness and acceptance of the Configuration Management process.
- Manage configuration-controlled hardware, software, and documentation databases.
- Manage the engineering change notice process.
- Issue change notices and request change control board (CCB) meetings as needed.
- Ensure changes get entered into the purchasing department’s ERP system.
- Maintain database of 3rd party change notices, deviations, waivers, etc. provided by sub-contractors / suppliers.
- Minimize engineering and production downtime by responding to change requests in a timely manner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years of Configuration Management experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to pass a DoD security clearance background check is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a closely-knit team.
- Experience with both hardware and software configuration management.
- Experience with Subversion (SVN).
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete duties in a timely fashion.
- Ability to interpret technical material.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Autodesk Vault.
- Experience with Costpoint ERP.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 certified environment.
- Experience in a CMMI Level 3+ certified environment.
ABOUT ROBOTIC RESEARCH LLC:
Robotic Research has been developing cutting-edge software and hardware for autonomous ground, air, and naval robotic systems since 2002. We specialize in developing solutions for DoD, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and First Responder applications. We have a close-knit team devoted to delivering the best robotics technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Our systems combine advanced control systems, autonomous mobility, perception, and behavior generation software with innovative and sophisticated mechanical and electrical hardware. We have a long history of successful program execution and have hardware and software on some of the highest visibility DoD ground robotics programs.
Building on our past success with deploying robotic systems for both military and commercial applications, we are currently expanding operations and looking for new team members who want to make meaningful contributions in the field of autonomous systems. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you.Apply Now!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.